There is nothing quite as sweet and heart-warming as the connection between a father and a daughter. Wedding days have a way of highlighting that connection. There will be many memorable moments to share with your dad during your big day, but sometimes your wedding day can be a blur when it's all said and done. That’s why it’s important to have a list of the photos that you definitely want to capture the day of you wedding, especially the moment with your dad.
- The first look. Capturing your father’s reaction to seeing you in your dress for the first time is a must. If there is one father daughter photo to add to your list, it’s this one.
- The post-look portrait. After your photographer captures your father’s natural reaction to your dress, pose for a portrait with him. This can be a really moving and emotional portrait that you can treasure forever.
- Giving you away. That single moment when a dad gives his baby girl away is so special. Be sure the photographer is ready to capture the kiss on the cheek, the hug, the emotion, and more during that special moment.
- The tie. To involve your dad in more photos during the getting-ready process, grab a few shots of you tying his tie or bowtie for him.
- The walk down the aisle. This must-have shot is always beautiful. Not only does it capture this moment with your father but the emotions you feel as he guides you down the aisle towards your partner. You should also definitely get a shot of your dad lifting your veil, if you decide to have one.
- The dance. The father-daughter dance is the quintessential wedding reception moment. If you’re planning to dance with your dad, make sure your photographer knows to capture this moment.
If your dad is one of the most important people in your life, make sure your photographer knows about your photo ideas for your big day.