Have you ever seen an amazing idea on pinterest and thought, “ooh, I can do that!”. So you try to recreate the idea and turns out … you couldn’t do it. It ended up as an utter failure.
Or have you ever seen the “Nailed It” posts on failed Pinterest recreations?
This might not be the worst thing in the world if you create a Porcupine Cake to eat at home (look it up, it’s a thing), but if you’re trying to recreate a 3-tier Wedding Cake you might want to leave it to the experts.
Sometimes we think that if we do it ourselves it will be easier or save us money, but in the long run DIY can often cost us more.
(not to mention the anxiety & stress)
We know you might not be able to do *all* things you want for your wedding but here are a few places it’s worth hiring a pro:
1) The Wedding Planner: Unless you have a very type-A, organized family friend who will be amazing at coordinating your wedding, a Wedding Planner is probably one of the most important things you can do for yourself for your wedding. Planners can actually save you a ton of time & money keeping you on track, executing your vision, and managing your budget (which can include finding discounts you won’t get on your own).
2) The Flowers: Creating floral arrangements and pieces is truly a fine art. DIYing your wedding flowers can end up as a disaster and even BIGGER expense if you’re unable to source the colors/flowers you want, the arrangements don’t really end up looking like you had envisioned (or good at all) or worse. ..the centerpieces or bridal bouquets die or wilt.
3) The Photography/Videography: In a few months your wedding day memories will fade and you’ll want to share your moment with children and friends who weren’t there. Don’t let an amateur take the only photos you’ll have of your special day. There is no do-over!
4) The Cake: Unless you are a professional cake baker and decorator, please for the sake of the wedding, just hire a professional. If baking and icing were’t hard enough (and they are) to finesse, there’s also the refrigeration and transportation of your cake. Even the pros struggle with this (we’ve seen the reality tv shows) so don’t try this balancing act on your own!
5) The Hair & Makeup: Ever had a bad hair day? Does your skin ever just break out for no apparent reason? Chances are that will happen on your wedding day so trust an expert to ensure you’re looking your best!
6) The Set Up & Tear Down: This is another aspect you definitely don’t want to DIY. This is your SPECIAL DAY - you’ll be far (FAR) too busy getting yourself ready to try and set up for the day at the same time. And then when it’s all over, you will be wanting to party or set off on your honeymoon. Trust us, you won't want to be doing exhausting setups and tear downs.
7) The Bar Service: Not only will hiring a mobile bartender create a luxurious experience for your guests, it takes the stress and worry off of you to ensure you have enough libations for the party. Most venues now require licensed and insured bartenders to serve alcohol in order to reduce liability and ensure no one gets too out of control at the reception…. We’ve all seen those Tiktoks!
Now that you know what you really *shouldn’t* DIY for your wedding, are you ready to find out what having a Wedding pro by your side can save you time & money? Start by booking a call with us!